Last orders for Christmas – Monday 11th December 2017
OUR STORY BEGINS IN SOUTH AFRICA
For a skincare brand, Africology has unusual roots. From its humble beginnings 15 years ago at the kitchen table of founder Renchia Droganis, Africology has grown into South Africa’s leading natural and ethical skincare brand and is quickly spreading its wings beyond its homeland borders.
The concept was a product of Renchia Droganis’ work as a counsellor and therapist. She worked for an organisation that not only helped people who had grown up without an education learn to read and write, but also gave them a chance to heal their pain through therapy and to nurture a healthy self-esteem. Renchia focused on this during her counselling sessions.
She began to research plant extracts, aromatherapy and formulations so that she could create bespoke skincare products for her clients—mixing essential oils to help them according to their physical and emotional needs.
Renchia was approached by a spa to create a bespoke aromatherapy ritual that incorporated her knowledge of African ingredients and passion for healing. She continued to develop and deliver unique “African rituals” for spas and health retreats across the country. Coupled with a framework of unsurpassed service excellence and the use of natural product formulations made to the highest standards, Africology quickly became South Africa’s number one beauty and spa brand.
What started as a desire to help people affected by abuse and injustice, has grown into a successful, ethical and cruelty-free brand that supports fair trade and local communities in Africa while giving the world the benefits of its therapeutic skincare.
The brand is now available across the globe and is featured in some of the best hotels and spas in the world, including Richard Branson's Private Collection.
Our passion for wellness and healing is the primary inspiration behind the creation of our products. In this we can contribute towards the growth of our economy and our people.
We support trade that uplifts communities – trade in which fair prices are paid for ingredients to producers in developing countries. When you become an Africology customer, you automatically support our special community causes.
• Our Skills Transfer project is designed to teach under privileged men and women Africology therapy and retail protocols. Since inception, Africology has successfully trained over 100 previously disadvantaged women in the art of massage and aromatherapy rituals.
• Spas use a great deal of water in treatments; with showers, saunas, hydrotherapy, cleansing and maintenance. We help readdress this imbalance by supplying water tanks and irrigation tools to the Nguvi community in the Limpopo region. We purchase and install tanks so that they can have access to clean, fresh water.
• We run a program that sponsors young people with university degrees. We do this because we believe in investing in South Africa’s next generation. Through education, we give them skills that will contribute to the economy as well as their community.
Our policy is NO animal testing; not just for final products, but for ingredients as well. We support the values of Cruelty Free International. To ensure their efficacy, all our products are dermatologically tested on consenting humans.
Africology honours the Earth in all we do. We are acutely aware of global and environmental issues impacting our planet today. Bearing this in mind, much consideration is given to the selection of raw materials and their impact on the environment when formulating our products.
• All our products are perfectly biodegradable, preventing any contamination of earth or water.
• We grow our own organic produce on our farm, lavender and roses, as well as ingredients indigenous to Africa, including aloe Ferox and African potato, are grown here (Africology Soil Project).
• PET Packaging (Polyethylene Terephthalate) is the material of choice. It has been safety tested, is lightweight, shatter-resistant and provides good oxygen and moisture barriers for our formulations.
• We avoid using any chemical fertilisers and pesticides, a policy applied for both our family owned farm as well as for our independent suppliers.
“I wanted to capture the healing essences of Africa,” says Renchia. “It was, and still is, my intention that Africology products should deliver a message of wellbeing - not just on a physical level, but on a spiritual one too.” Renchia Droganis, CEO
What makes us different?
By creating an account you will be able to shop faster, be up to date on an order's status, and keep track of the orders you have previously made.Continue